Themed Resilient Urbanization: Planning Towards Malaysia MADANI, the 14th series of the International Conference on World Class Sustainable Cities (WCSC) 2023 seeks to explore proactive strategies for cities to attain resilience, sustainability, and liveability—with a focus on economic; environmental; governance; and societal dimensions. It will be held on 26 September 2023 at M Resort & Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.
The platform is set to feature keynote addresses and panel discussions to be led by the following speakers:
- Dr Ir Bambang Susantono – Chairperson, Nusantara Capital City Authority, Republic of Indonesia;
- James Tuma – Managing Partner, Urbis, Australia;
- Jaime Parsons – Principal Advisor of Urban Design, City of Hobart, Tasmania, Australia;
- Saravanan Sugumaran – Co-founder & Managing Director, Morrow Intelligence, Singapore;
- TPr Ts Norliza Hashim – Chief Executive Officer, Urbanice Malaysia;
- Chatchanin Sung – Studio Director, Arsomsilp Community and Environmental Architect, Thailand;
- Mohd Azharuddin Mat Sah – President & Group Chief Executive Officer, Prasarana Malaysia;
- Assoc Prof Ts Dr Vincent Woon Kok Sin – Head of PhD Programme of New Energy Science and Engineering & Principal Investigator, Xiamen University Malaysia.
WCSC 2023 is co-organised by the Real Estate & Housing Developers’ Association Malaysia Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur (REHDA KL); Malaysian Institute of Planners (MIP); and Malaysian Institute of Architects (PAM) with endorsement from Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL).
For details, please refer to the conference’s website. —Construction+ Online