Inspection of MRT Putrajaya Line Phase One operations’ readiness

Image by MawardiBahar

Kuala Lumpur, 9 April 2021 – Transport Minister YB Datuk Seri Ir Dr Wee Ka Siong and Deputy Finance Minister YB Datuk Abd Rahim Bakri inspected the readiness for operation of the MRT Putrajaya Line’s Phase One section. Phase One is expected to begin operation in August 2021.

The minister and deputy minister began their visit at Sri Damansara Sentral MRT Station in Bandar Sri Damansara, Petaling Jaya. They then took a ride on the MRT Putrajaya Line train to Kampung Batu MRT Station, Kuala Lumpur, where the visit ended.

The Phase One section from Kwasa Damansara MRT Station to Kampung Batu MRT Station is 17.5 kilometres in length. The construction progress of this section currently stands at 97 per cent. The remaining 3 per cent consists mostly of testing and commissioning of electrical and mechanical systems. Subsequently, trial operation is expected to begin in April. The trial operation will see the section of the line operate without taking any passengers.

The remainder of the MRT Putrajaya Line from Kampung Batu to Putrajaya Sentral is scheduled to open under Phase Two in January 2023, allowing trains to serve the full length of the line.

Joining Wee and Abd Rahim for the visit were Transport Ministry Secretary-General Datuk Isham Ishak, Transport Ministry Deputy Secretary-General Normah Osman, Finance Ministry Deputy Undersecretary of the Government Investment Division Dato’ Dr Amiruddin Muhamed, Prasarana Malaysia Bhd Acting President and Group Chief Executive Officer Datin Norlia Noah together with officers from the Transport and Finance Ministries.

Hosting them for the visit were Mass Rapid Transit Corporation Sdn Bhd (MRT Corp) CEO Datuk Mohd Zarif Hashim and the MRT Corp Leadership Team. Also present were the management from MMC Gamuda KVMRT (PDP SSP) Sdn Bhd, the turnkey contractor for the MRT Putrajaya Line.

During the inspection, the delegations tested the automatic faregates at the station. They then inspected the facilities at the Sri Damansara Sentral MRT Station such as the surau and washrooms before proceeding to the platform level to board the train to Kampung Batu MRT Station. At Kampung Batu, they alighted and viewed the panorama of Kuala Lumpur city as well as the future Phase Two section of the line from the southern end of the platform.

Phase One of the MRT Putrajaya Line will include 12 stations. The journey time from Kwasa Damansara to Kampung Batu will take 24 minutes one-way. Three of the stations—Kwasa Damansara, Kampung Selamat and Sungai Buloh—are currently operational as part of the MRT Kajang Line. These stations will be transferred or migrated to the MRT Putrajaya Line when Phase One operation begin. Kwasa Damansara will be the terminal station for the two lines and will be an interchange station.

The MRT Putrajaya Line is the second line of the Klang Valley MRT Project. The first line was the MRT Kajang Line that opened in July 2017. The total construction cost of the MRT Putrajaya Line is RM30.53 billion. As the MRT Putrajaya Line nears its completion, MRT Corp looks forward to implementing the MRT3 Circle Line.

– Construction+ Online

Source: MRT Corp وان ایکس بت بت فوروارد