Kuala Lumpur, 17 November 2020 – Safety and Health Assessment System in Construction (SHASSIC) is an independent method to assess and evaluate the safety and health at construction projects’ worksites based on the latest Construction Industry Standard (CIS 10: 2018).
Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB) Malaysia and Master Builders Association Malaysia (MBAM) are holding online training to provide guidance to assessors and contractors to assess and evaluate the safety and health performance of contractors in construction works/projects.
SHASSIC enables the assessor to achieve any or a combination of the following objectives:
- Benchmark the level of safety and health performance of the construction industry in Malaysia
- Establish a standard system on safety and health assessment in the construction industry
- Assess safety and health performance of contractors based on this standard
- Evaluate the performance of contractors on the safety and health practices on-site
- Improve and to take necessary corrective actions on Occupational Safety and health (OSH)performance and management on-site
- Compile data for statistical analysis
The online SHASSIC assessor training will be held on 9 December 2020 via Microsoft Teams, from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Interested participants must register online at MBAM’s official portal before 27 November 2020.
– Construction+ Online