29 July 2020
The Building and Construction (BCA) has updated the series of restart resource kits as a guide for construction firms to resume works. The resource kits have visuals to better illustrate the requirements; interactive buttons and links that direct users to useful information/forms online; and examples of good practices observed on work sites.
There are four series of restart resource kits:
- Construction projects/supply works; dedicated to the developer, main contractor, builder or owner of works to be carried out at a construction sites, precast concrete yards, prefab factories, etc.
- Construction account works; dedicated to firms that provide facilities management, lift/escalator maintenance and upgrading, construction site maintenance or cable detection, etc.
- Landed housing projects; dedicated to the owner, main contractor or builder of a landed housing project that requires building plan submission.
- Renovation works that do not require building plan submission.
In general, the resource kits highlight the importance of safe management at worksites, which include appointing personnel for inspections, checks and corrective actions; as well as segregation of teams at shared facilities, such as by staggering working and rest hours.
If applicable, employers should provide point-to-point transportation for workers with work permit or S-pass holders, with staggered pick-up and drop-off times. Workers may also be required to install TraceTogether, SGWorkPass and FWMOMCare App.
If a project is ready to start work, the construction firm has to make an application to BCA for restarting work online.
The restart resource kits can be downloaded here:
- Construction projects/supply works
- Construction account works
- Landed housing projects
- Renovation works
– Construction+ Online