Kuala Lumpur, 22 April 2021 – MRT Putrajaya Line construction activities at Serdang Depot will begin from 24 April 2021 until 30 June 2021. The public are advised to be aware that the following construction activities will be carried out:
- Machine mobilisation and site preparation;
- Preparation of logistics road;
- Delivery of construction materials;
- Construction of surface drainage;
- Dismantling of temporary hoardings;
- Installation of chain link fence;
- Any other related works
- Monday-Saturday: 8.00 am to 7.00 pm (normal construction activities)
- Sunday, public holiday and any exception to above are subject to the approval of authority
The public are also advised to follow traffic signage and the direction of flagmen during the activation of the road closure by referring to the appended map below.
Putrajaya Line will serve a corridor with a population of around 2 million people stretching from Kwasa Damansara, a new township development in northwest Kuala Lumpur and its southern suburbs, to Putrajaya, Malaysia’s federal administrative centre.
There will be 10 interchange stations and connecting stations, making it much easier for commuters to transfer from the Putrajaya Line to existing and future rail lines, including the future Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High Speed Rail. Sixteen stations will have park and ride facilities.
Construction of the section for Phase One operations from Kwasa Damansara to Kampung Batu will be completed in July 2021 and begin operations in August 2021. Phase Two operations, which will see the remaining section of the line from Kampung Batu to Putrajaya Sentral being opened, thus allowing trains to run from Kwasa Damansara to Putrajaya Sentral, is expected to commence in January 2023.
– Construction+ Online
Source: MRT Corp