Kuala Lumpur 2 October 2020 – Malaysia Green Building Council (MGBC) celebrated the achievements of businesses, projects and leaderships in the sustainable built environment in Malaysia between 2018 to 2020, and conferred the awards to 19 winners in nine categories at a virtual gathering in August 2020.
All entries were judged by highly respected figures in the Green building industry, including Elina Jani, CEO of Greentech Ideaslab; Alice Leong Pek Lian, Honorary Treasurer of Malaysia’s Institute of Architects (PAM); David Lai Kong Phooi, President of the Institution of Engineers Malaysia (IEM); Datuk Ir Mohd Adnan bin Mohd Nor, President of Association of Consulting Engineers Malaysia (ACEM); and many more.
Business Leadership in Sustainability Awards recognise companies that integrate sustainability into their business models and contribute to the transition towards a sustainable built environment. The Leadership in Sustainable Design and Performance category recognises pioneering Green building projects that deliver a range of benefits through a holistic approach to sustainability.
The Corporate Leader in Green Building category is presented to inspiring leaders in the movement, recognising their pivotal roles in nurturing communities and delivering change. Other Green Champions is a new award to recognise the excellent achievement in Green material, Green technology, Green research and any other recognition in the sustainable built environment.
The winners include:
- Best Sustainability Leadership for Institution/NGOs:
- Penang Green Council (PGC)
- Majlis Bandaraya Pulau Pinang (MBPP)
- Best Sustainability Leadership for Facility Management:
- KLCC Urusharta Sdn Bhd
- Best New Green Commercial Buildings:
- Movenpick Hotel and Convention Centre KLIA Sepang
- Honda Showroom and Care Centre
- Suasana PjH, Precinct 2, Lot 2CS, Putrajaya
- Best New Green Institutional Building
- Menara Majlis Perbandaran Ampang Jaya (MPAJ)
- Menara Majlis Bandaraya Johor Baru (MBJB)
- Best New Green Factory
- Paramit Factory
- Best Green Product and Technology
- Solar Panel Initiatives within the Township by Sunsay Iskandar Sdn Bhd
– Construction+ Online