Employment pass application for foreign workers

Malaysian authorities have changed employment pass application processes for foreign hires in Malaysia’s construction industry.

Effective immediately, construction industry employers looking to bring foreign employees into Malaysia must first register an online account with the Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB). Manual submissions will no longer be accepted.

A support letter from CIDB is needed before employment pass applications will be processed through the MYXpats Centre of the Expatriate Services Division of the Immigration Department of Malaysia.

Construction companies must register and obtain an account with CIDB before they can obtain a support letter. To be eligible for registration, companies must have ongoing projects in Malaysia, at least RM700,000 in paid-up capital, and at least two Malaysian employees with minimum five years of experience in engineering positions. — Construction+ Online وان ایکس بت بت فوروارد