Hong Kong, 27 January 2021 — The Construction Industry Council (CIC) is delighted to host the Launching Ceremony for the New Edition of CIC BIM Standards and Other BIM Initiatives virtually today. Ir Thomas CHAN, Principal Assistant Secretary (Works), Development Bureau (DEVB) was invited to share with audience the newly issued DEVB’s Technical Circular on BIM (No. 12/2020) at the ceremony.
Ar. Ada FUNG, Chairperson of the Committee on BIM of the CIC, gave a highlight of the CIC’s BIM Journey by updating the CIC’s key initiatives on Building Information Modelling (BIM) in five key areas, including adoption and promotion, training, standards and guidelines, certification and accreditation, and R&D and funding support during 2020.
Speaking at the launching ceremony, Ir Albert CHENG, Executive Director of the CIC said, “I would like to thank everyone, especially the Task Force on BIM Standards and Task Force on BIM Specifications and Agreement, on their contributions and efforts in developing a series of new edition of CIC BIM Standards publications. It is important to define standards and align the industry with a consistent understanding, otherwise, this may cause misunderstandings and ambiguities among appointing parties and project teams, and cause additional time and cost to projects.”
The CIC has been striving to collaborate with key stakeholders in developing and enhancing the CIC BIM Standards to meet the local industry needs. In December 2020, the following new/updated BIM Standards and BIM-related publications were published, and are available for download at the CIC BIM Portal. — Construction+ Online
- CIC BIM Standards – General (with Hong Kong local Annex of ISO 19650-2:2018) Version 2 – December 2020
- The existing 2019 edition, namely ‘CIC BIM Standards – General (August 2019)’ will be kept and maintained for the existing users. While the new edition (Version 2) is targeted for advanced/experienced users and who are considering to connect to the ISO standards.
- For the hierarchy/framework of CIC BIM Standards publications, please refer to the relevant Section ‘Introduction’ in the new edition.
- CIC BIM Standards for Architecture and Structural Engineering (in line with ISO 19650) Version 2 – December 2020
- CIC BIM Dictionary (in line with ISO 19650) December 2020
- CIC BIM Exchange Information Requirements (EIR) Template (BIM Specifications) (in line with ISO 19650) December 2020
- Include Appendix 1 Sample Project EIR for Planning & Design Stages and Appendix 2 Sample Project EIR for Construction Stage.
- CIC BIM Standards for Preparation of Statutory Plan Submissions December 2020
- Include the software neutral BIM Standards, and the associated software specific User Guides, Software Templates, Sample Project Models, Sample Drawings and BIM Object Presentation Summary.